Author(s): Patricia Staunton & Mary Chiarella
Published: Sep 2016
Law for Nurses and Midwives is the most highly respected health law text for nursing and midwifery students studying law as part of their degree. Now in its 8th edition, this fundamental text outlines legal issues and responsibilities specific to both nursing and midwifery practice and features the legislation relevant to the provision of safe, quality healthcare in Australia.
Authored by Patricia Staunton and Mary Chiarella, this fully revised edition includes updates to case law and the latest information on nursing and midwifery governance and the professional regulation of nurses and midwives.
- Revised Registration Standards and Standards for Practice established by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), effective 2016
- Learning Objectives that highlight what students will attain from each chapter
- The law in context through Case Examples, Clinical Examples and Case Studies
- Review Questions to consolidate learning
- Break down of legislation by state and territory
- Updated state and territory statutes